Just 5 more weeks before I am considered full-term, and 8 weeks until my estimated due date of June 7th. Wow! I can't describe how excited I am to hold a newborn baby again...especially knowing he will be ours. It's been a long time coming for us since we started this journey. Logan was just two years old then and now he will be 5 this summer. It just goes to show that life is not in our hands. Jadee and I have been reminded of that many times over the last couple of years. With so much behind us, we continue to be optimistic about the future and what it will bring with our new baby.
Anyway, the baby has been kicking like crazy lately...must be a soccer player like his dad! Overall, I wouldn't say he's been a very active baby, but he sure can get some strong kicks in when he does decide to do so. Except for the fluid retention and back pain, this pregnancy reminds me of my pregnancy with Logan since he wasn't very active either. Alexis, on the other hand, was a mover and a shaker and she still is! This baby also has definite wake and sleep times throughout the day and it's funny how he seems to be on a schedule already. I never noticed things like this with my other two I guess.
Well, it's back to work tomorrow. I think it will be a tough week with transitioning back into a routine and getting up early. The kids and I had the last week off from work and school for spring break. Needless to say, we were very lazy and I spent much time sleeping in and napping in the afternoons. It's a good thing Jadee and I have accomplished tasks on our "spring to do list" at other times, because I have a feeling that I will be pretty worthless the next couple of months. I just keep reminding myself that it's "okay" because I will start the first week of summer off with kids home from school and a brand new baby! I admit that it would be nice to have this baby about a week earlier for that very reason.
Happy Easter!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment