Today, I am officially "full term" at 37 weeks. Yeah! This means the baby can come anytime now, although I have never delivered early before. I definitely wouldn't complain if our little man made an early appearance though!
Since last week, I have been experiencing an overwhelming feeling of "needing" to pack and prepare for delivery. I don't know how to explain it, as I don't remember feeling like this with Alexis and Logan, but I can't help but wonder if my body is trying to tell me something.
Last night, the strangest thing happened. I went to bed at 9:30 and awoke at 12:30 in terrible pain. Thinking I was suffering from the worst case of indigestion ever, I took a few Tums and Jadee rubbed my back for awhile. My stomach and lower back hurt so bad and the baby wasn't helping, as he was trying to impress me with his kicks, flips, and turns.
After awhile, I thought for sure I was in labor. I started having contractions 2 minutes apart! I kept telling myself that I couldn't possibly be in labor because Alexis was having her dance recital the next day and I wasn't finished with some files at work. Heck, I wasn't even packed for the hospital yet!
Well, my contractions continued for about 15 minutes...to the point that I knew exactly when the next one was coming. Then within a matter of minutes, they slowed to 3 minutes apart, then four, then five, and then I fell asleep. Has anyone had this happen to them? My mom said that she had the same experience with my brother and she delivered a week later. She had a similar experience with one of us girls and ended up delivering the next day. I have no idea what it's like to go into labor without being in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV, as I was induced with both Alexis and Logan. Needless to say, I am a little nervous.
It's now Sunday evening and the recital is over. I am going to pack my hospital bag before I go to bed tonight and I am also going to do some work at home to get a head start on these files for the week. Better prepared than not, but with my luck...I'll probably go overdue!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment