Wow, it has been a LONG time since I posted on our family blog. I have been so busy keeping up with my photography business...which, by the way, is going GREAT...that I have been neglecting to stay in touch with family and friends about life in general.
In May, Alexis performed in her 5th dance recital. It was a HOT weekend and we spent over 18 hours at West High School performing, changing costumes, and doing hair and make-up...and there was no air conditioning. Yuk. Not only did Alexis perform, but I also performed in all 5 shows as part of the DXP Mamas group. It was hard work, but SO MUCH FUN to perform again! I wish I knew how to upload and post the video, but if you are one my Facebook friends, it is on there.
School ended for the kids on June 4th and for me on June 7th. Jace's first birthday was on June 8th and we celebrated by going out for dinner at Dino's Pizzeria...which is our usual place for celebrations. I completely forgot my camera too! We celebrated with family and friends the following weekend, however, and I was able to capture many photos.
Since the party, I have been staying busy with photo shoots. I did my first senior and am now booking many more. My summer will be pretty full I think. Jace attends his usual daycare on Mondays and Wednesdays and then a college girl comes to do activities with Alexis and Logan on those same days. It keeps Jace in routine and gives him a chance to play with his little friends. The big kids enjoy bowling and swimming with Jackie and it gives me time to work on my business...knowing the kids are well cared for and having fun. It's kind of a nice "mommy" break too!
July 4th is just around the corner and we do not have big plans as of yet. We may just stay home. For the rest of summer, we are planning a trip to Duluth and a trip to Chicago to see friends. We also hope to make it to the lake with Jadee's family. Summer goes so fast...so hopefully the weather starts to cooperate!
Happy Summer!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment