If you're reading this and you are a blogger, consider yourself TAGGED.
(Thanks Beth!)
(Thanks Beth!)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate with whip cream or marshmallows.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Wrap, but it also depends on the size of the present.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? White on the tree; red and white on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Either the weekend before Thanksgiving or on the days I have off from work just before Thanksgiving. It depends on the school year calendar I guess.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, salad, and dinner rolls.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My dad being able to come home for Christmas just before leaving for the Desert Storm War. He had been stationed in Wisconsin at Fort McCoy since Thanksgiving.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember how old I was, but I remember finding the same presents I got from Santa in my mom’s closet the week before.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, when I was a child we opened all of our gifts on Christmas Eve and then our stocking stuffers from Santa on Christmas morning. As an adult, we celebrate with our children on Christmas Eve and then with my side of the family on Christmas Day. We celebrate with Jadee’s parents on an off weekend in December, although this year we will celebrate with them on New Year’s Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights; a variety of red, white, and green ornaments; lots of snowmen and icicles; ribbon; and garland with red berries on it.
11. Snow. Love it or hate it? I have a love-hate relationship with the weather in Minnesota. I love snow, but I prefer lots of it all at once rather than a couple of inches here and there. It seems that we just don’t get the snow like we used to when I was a kid. What happened to “blizzards”?
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I took many figure skating lessons growing up. I can also skate in hockey skates.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes, my pink sapphire ring from my husband for Christmas.
14. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Everything!
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Celebrating with family.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A white and silver star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both. I’d like to say “giving” because it sounds like the nicer thing to say, but I love getting gifts! It’s the one time of year my mom and dad still spoil us.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Hmmm, I have no idea.
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yuck.
21. What do you want for Christmas? Light stands for my studio lights. Photography equipment is quite expensive.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? No - but wish we did!
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Whatever is comfortable. In years past, I have worn dressy-casual but this year it will be whatever fits my growing belly. Maternity clothes are not my favorite, as I quickly get sick of wearing something I just bought.
Tag, you're it!
No comments:
Post a Comment