During the last few minutes of our session, the ultrasound tech managed to get a peek and although it seems perfectly obvious to us, she was not sure. Supposedly the cord was also between the legs and so she couldn't be certain. She commented that if she had to buy a gift, she would probably buy something blue, but that she wouldn't paint the nursery walls without a second opinion. Jadee and I are pretty convinced it's a boy, but after comparing the gender shot to Logan's ultrasound, it does look a little different.
So, we might or might not be in for a surprise. Being that I would like to do a gender specific nursery this time around, and before the baby is born because I don't want to spend my maternity leave painting and decorating, I think we may opt for an elective 3-D ultrasound. Although it would be at our own expense, it is fairly reasonable. Being the planner that I am, I need a more certain answer than "maybe." Somewhere in the 95-100% area of confidence would be good (it must be my job since I work with standard scores, standard deviations, percentiles, and confidence bands)!
No comments:
Post a Comment