Monday, August 10, 2009

2 Month Well Baby Check Up

Jace had his 2 month doctor visit today and got his first shots. My poor baby! It brought tears to my eyes to hear those screams (it doesn't get any easier with the 2nd or 3rd baby). He was cooing and smiling and then the needle sticks came...ouch! He was crying so hard that his face turned red and he could hardly take a breath. All I could think of was, "Why mom? What did I do wrong?" Needless to say, we cuddled and I let him nurse for about 15 minutes before we left the room. What a trooper. Well, here are his 2 month measurements:

Height: 24 inches (86th percentile)
Weight: 14 pounds, 9 ounces (97th percentile)
Head: 16 inches (67th percentile)

Apparently, he's a big and long boy with an average head size (hee, hee)! The doctor did say that he seems to be pretty advanced in his development, as he is really talking a lot and reaching out for objects already. Yeah, way to go Jace!

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Yahoo, Jace! Keep growing and learning. Man, they change and grow so fast!