We celebrated Jace's half-birthday on December 8th. I can't believe he is already 6 months old! This last month, Jace battled croup, ear infection, a high fever that lasted days, diarrhea, and a rash. He was such a trooper through it all and was still his smiley self! He is just such a good baby...so happy!
Jace also cut his very first tooth at exactly 6 months (another reason why he was probably so sick)! He is so proud of it and wants to show it off by putting your fingers in his mouth (ouch!). We also "consistently" started solids this month. Although we tried cereal and some fruit before 6 months, he did not show much interest until now. He is loving his cereal, pears, and carrots so far.
Since he has rolling all figured out, he has moved onto scooting and sitting. He can scoot backwards and get almost anywhere he wants to go. He can sit for short periods of time and loves to play with his toys that way. Eventually he topples to the side or backwards, but he is getting stronger and more stable every day.
I have been back at work now for a little more than a month. Daycare is going well and all the kids just LOVE Jace! It is so cute to see how much love they have for him. He gets many kisses and hugs every single day (and I'm sure a ton of germs, but that's life)! Jace enjoys the kids just as much because they provide him with an endless amount of entertainment. Needless to say, he is worn out and ready for a nap when I pick him up. Our time together is short during the work week, so we spend a lot of extra time cuddling in the evenings and on the weekends.
Enjoy his 6 month pictures! Yes, I know... I mispelled "photography." It was a late night of editing pictures. If you haven't checked out my photography blog lately, check out the recent pictures. I had so much fun photographing my first newborn!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love the sled for winter pics - very cute! Audrey and I are heading back to MN in about a week...maybe we'll have to set up a photo shoot :)
Post a Comment