Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thanksgiving

(Sorry...this is an old post that I never quite finished adding the pictures too.  Better late than never!)

The Kubesh Family has much to be thankful for!  We are blessed with good health, a loving family, and wonderful friends.  Jadee and I both are forever thankful for our children, our home, and our jobs...and I am especially thankful for my husband.  Without him, life wouldn't be what it is!  The year 2009 has filled our hearts with much happiness!

This year, we spent the Thanksgiving holiday in St. Cloud with Jadee's family.  His mother works at St. Cloud State University, so we were even lucky enough to have a foreign-exchange student from Whales, England be our guest for the afternoon.  I think Alexis and Logan kept him very entertained!

Jace was very sick and is now recovering.  He came down with a high fever on Thanksgiving day and it continued through the night so we took him to see a pediatrician in St. Cloud first thing Friday morning.  He was diagnosed with an ear infection and was sent home with a prescription.  His fever and symptoms continued through Saturday with the addition of diarrhea and a rash.  Needless to say, he was miserable!  I stayed home with him Monday and we returned to the clinic for a new diagnosis of "hand, foot, mouth" disease...and no ear infection.  Whatever!

Anyway, while we were in St. Cloud Jadee partook in Black Friday by standing in line outside of Target from 11:45 p.m. Thursday night until 5:00 a.m. Friday morning.  He was lucky enough to snag us a new, 32-inch LCD HDTV and he was in and out of the store in about 3 minutes!  We also traveled north to the Nisswa area on Friday evening for the holiday season kick-off.  The weather was beautiful and it was a fun way to start the Christmas season.  There was Christmas caroling, lots of shopping, food, and a count-down to lighting up the street with Christmas lights.  There were hayrides, bonfires to stay warm, and people everywhere.  It was just so much fun!

I can feel Christmas in the air more than ever this year...and I LOVE it!!!  Tis the Season!




No comments: