Monday, February 14, 2011

Slippery When Wet, Needles, & Ice Cream...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!  Although I can honestly, without a doubt, say that this Valentine's Day was not one of my best...it's definitely one for the books.  My morning started off pretty good with a wake-up text from my hubby telling me "Happy Valentine's Day, Love You!"  After my shower, my 6-year-old son came to tell me "Happy Valentine's Day," too, and melted my heart with a smile and a big hug.  Of course there was a little chaos before leaving the house (typical), but overall everything was fine.

Then, however, I took two wrong turns on the way to the elementary school to drop the kids off...we'll just call that mommy brain...before falling on a patch of ice.  Yup, my prego self fell HARD on a patch of solid ice while carrying Jace into daycare.  I don't even know how it happened because I saw the ice and ever so carefully tried to cross it with no way around it and with Jace in tow...but one step and I was down.  I managed to save both babies by landing on my side, rather than on my belly or Jace, but in the meantime I smacked my head on the garage, threw my hips out of alignment, bruised my left leg from the knee down, and somehow jammed my thumb into some hard snow.  I was able to pick myself and Jace up and get him into daycare...but I was so upset that I left rather quickly and know I didn't even take his coat off of him (poor buddy).  From there, I think I cried my eyes out the entire way to work.  Let's just say that I was in a ton of pain prior to falling, from lower back issues that emerged from my pregnancy with Jace and led to the finding of arthritis in my hips after an x-ray about a year ago, so this fall did me no favors.  I was also very upset because falling at daycare had been a concern of mine since the first snow fall.  It's a bit like Grand Central Station when dropping him off in the mornings and there is a lot of ice and snow to climb through.  Enough said about that (gurr).  The girls at work, flowers from my husband, and caramel rolls in the lounge cheered me up though ;)

A few hours later, unfortunately...I could hardly get out of my chair and I found myself sick, really sick.  I made it through the rest of the day and from there headed to the chiropractor where she adjusted my hips and made me feel a lot more comfortable.  She also recommended some acupuncture and even though I HATE needles, I was desperate for pain relief.  The procedure wasn't so bad and it was heavenly just being able to lay on my belly (dang, I need a pillow like that)!!!  It was definitely awkward though when the person that returned to remove the needles was a young man...a nice looking young man.  I can't imagine that it was a pleasant site for him seeing me with the back of my bra undone, my ass hanging out of my rolled down pink panties, and looking like a porcupine with at least 100 needles sticking out of every part of my body.  Lovely.  Oh well, definitely wasn't trying to make an impression!  I figured my day could only get better from this point.  It did...after I found two left over needles stuck in the backs of my thighs while pulling my pants up (ouch)!

My husband was waiting for me in the parking lot and we headed to the mall for supper while we waited for Alexis to finish with dance.  The mall is not the most romantic place for a Valentine's dinner, but the boys enjoyed picking their favorite place to eat while I indulged in a Schwarma.  They also enjoyed a free carousel ride...followed by all of us indulging in our favorite frozen yogurt (yum).

So, I'm still in some pain...but I did enjoy my kids, my flowers, my ice cream, and spending time with my hubby watching the Bachelor tonight.  It's moments like these that make-up for the bad ones I guess!

And since I didn't get any pictures of my own kiddos today, I'll leave you with a picture of this beautiful baby that I photographed on Saturday.  She melted my heart and made me that much more excited to welcome our baby girl...

No comments: