Harper is 2 months old already! Although she has not been our 'happiest' baby when awake, we really cannot complain because she is such a good sleeper...and she sleeps A LOT. I think most days she sleeps about 20 hours and she is already doing so in her crib. Seriously. Best of all, she is sleeping through the night with a very occasional wake-up call around 5AM for a feeding, but then she goes right back to sleep. She is nursing about every 3 hours unless she naps through a feeding. As a result, I have started to pump a little more, which I hate, but hopefully I will be able to build a large supply. With Jace, my supply was large enough to last him through 11 months of age when he went from a nursing strike to total resistance at 8 months old. I am not opposed to feeding my baby formula (at all)...but I do LOVE saving the money we would otherwise spend on formula ;)
Other than that, Harper is smiling and starting to coo some. At her 2-month well check, I raised some of our concerns about Harper spitting up so much and not liking to sit in general...meaning she does not like her swing, her vibrating chair, or her car seat. She continues to be a snuggle bug and wants to be held upright when she is awake. So, typically she is wrapped tight to me in the Moby Wrap so my hands are free for doing other things that need to get done (like typing this blog entry). Our doctor quickly came to the conclusion that she is experiencing pretty significant acid reflux because she also coughs and wheezes frequently. Harper started Zantac twice daily on Wednesday and we are seeing improvements already. Yeah! Like I said, she sleeps a lot so we can't complain...BUT we would love for her to be more happy when she is awake. Our doctor also thinks she might even wake for longer periods if she is not in so much pain. We are even okay with that because she sleeps almost too much (I can't believe I just said that).
Well, here are her 2-month stats, a daily update, and of course her 2-month picture! Much of this information is more for myself so I have some notes when I finally get to doing her baby book, but it's always fun to share with our friends we don't see often enough too ;)
STATS
Head Circumference: 15 inches (43rd%)
Weight: 12 pounds, 6 ounces (90th%)
Height: 22 1/2 inches (52nd %)
So far Harper continues to be very comparable to Alexis. Alexis weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces at birth and was 20 3/4 inches long. Harper was 7 pounds, 12.5 ounces and was 20 inches long. At Alexis's 2-month check, she was 12 pounds, 4 ounces and 22 1/4 inches. Harper is just 2 ounces more than what Alexis weighed and 1/4 inch difference. I won't even compare her to the boys since they were so much bigger!!! All 4 have followed the same trend, however, of packing on a lot of weight from between birth to 2 months and being in the 90th-95th percentile range. We'll see if Harper continues the trend of going down the percentiles from now on. Sure wish I would follow the same trend of losing weight each month as I did with the others!!!
DAILY ROUTINE
-Sleeps from 10:30PM to 6:30AM
-Eats and then back to sleep by 7AM
-Sleeps until 11:30AM
-Eats and then is awake for maybe a couple of hours
-Sleeps from 2PM-5PM
-Eats and then is awake for some play time and time with daddy
-Naps and eats randomly throughout the evening until bed time
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow!! Where has the time gone? She is beautiful, look at those eyes! Hope to see you soon and get my baby fix :) I sure hope she starts to feel better soon and gets that acid reflux under control, that has to be miserable.
Post a Comment