I can't believe Harper is already another month older! Unfortunately, I just don't find the time to keep up with this blog anymore :( When I found out I was pregnant with Harper, I remember throwing the question out there, "How much harder can one more kid be?" and several friends assured me that after three kids...it's just adding on and no big deal. Well being a seasoned mom (I think I can finally say that), it is true that I know all the in's and the out's of keeping my baby comfortable and raising a happy and healthy child...and even one that sleeps...but it's also true that the difference between three kids and four is that with three kids I could still salvage some time for myself, but with four kids there is NO time for myself. Even with my attempts to save a little time for myself (staying up later, getting up earlier, letting my hair air-dry, skipping make-up, and even forgoing shaving my legs for the day--or two), there is just no time. Oh well, sleep is over-rated and I can be lazy when my kids are raised...right?
Anyway, Harper is 3 months old and growing way too FAST! She is still a great sleeper, but definitely more awake these days. Her acid reflux has improved, but we are still hopeful it will get even better as she matures. We have noticed that she sleeps more on the days when she spits up frequently, so we think she uses sleep as her defense mechanism. I can't imagine she will be rolling by 4 months old because she doesn't seem to last long enough on the floor to develop the strength to do so. We will see, I guess. For now, she continues to be held a lot and she is very fond of her mommy :) She does like her new swing (thanks Auntie Melissa) and she is sitting for longer periods in her vibrating chair. She also likes to play on the floor under her mobile mat when propped on her boppy or when sitting in her newborn lounger. Harper LOVES to talk and is cooing a lot. She makes the cutest sounds and her expressions make my heart melt. She has discovered her hands and enjoys sucking on them for comfort when she can keep them in her mouth. She also watches them very intently when she is waving them around in front of her. Every day she is getting better with her hand-eye coordination as she can now reach out and grab her toys. Harper loves her Sophie Giraffe (thanks Patsy) teether and she is working very hard on keeping it in her mouth. As she is learning the skills of putting things into her mouth, she is also drooling a lot. Did you know that drooling is a good thing??? I recently read that it acts as a sanitizer to disinfect the many things a baby will put into their mouth. Huh, even with four kids I am still learning ;)
Well, what's a post without a picture? Here are Harper's 3-month photos!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Awesome!! Love that teether! So glad she likes it :) Miss you guys! Let's talk soon!
Post a Comment